Advanced Principles in Strategic Planning and Implementation
This course will be presented based on a carefully planned mix of highly-focused lectures, a practical illustration of techniques and concepts, group work, interaction, and discussions. The principles and approaches to strategic management will be illustrated by case studies.
Duration: 2 Days
Delivery Method: Classroom
- Expert Profile
- Programme Content
- Learning Objectives
- Target Audience
- Cancellation Policy
The course focuses on strategic management aimed at developing the knowledge and competencies that are needed in taking yourself and your organization to the next level of achievement.
You will gain an enhanced set of competencies for an advanced appreciation of the strategic dimension of the business, improved skills in business planning, and effective communication of the strategy of the organization as a whole.
Participants attending the course will learn:
- major aspects of the global economy that influence strategic thinking
- to deal with the accelerating trend of change and how to manage the impact
- to deal with the increasing complexity of organizational structures
- to balance and align resources in implementing business planning
Charles Bennett is an acknowledged leader in customer-driven performance change and mentors and coaches on both strategic and operational initiatives. With a hunger for new ideas, Charles strongly believes in passionate and inspirational business leadership which energises both organisations and individuals.
Charles has delivered training and consulting across 40 countries, multiple sectors and companies including Citibank, Nielsen, Microsoft, Vodafone & Tracker as well as governments in Middle East and Asia.
Charles’ purpose is to help companies build excited, entrepreneurial customer-centric cultures that transform business performance.
Articles by Charles:
Module 1: Coping with change in the business environment
- The changing economic balance between the developed and developing world
- Value migration – what belongs to where?
- Competitive advantage – the shift from product/service to the business model
- Globalisation – strategy and organization
- Globalisation – developing your people for the new reality
- The strategic impact of disruptive technologies
- Dealing with risk – risk identification, risk analysis, risk management
- Organisational development in a changing world
Module 2: Dynamics and the emergence of the agile organization
- Strategic development & differentiation
- The emergence of collaboration, alliances and joint ventures as development mechanisms
- Agility, virtual organizations and the ‘built to change’ model
- Designing and managing strategic alliances
Module 3: Core competencies: Developing key people for the future
- The life-cycles of core competencies in the modern organization
- The new characteristics and competencies of high-performing teams
- Leadership – the key attribute of the successful strategic professional
- Teams and work-groups – how to design and lead/manage them
- The strategic professional as mentor and coach
- Coping with complexity
Module 4: Leading-edge tools and techniques of planning
- The principles of ‘dynamic alignment’ and its management challenges
- The strategy-structure-culture range
- Planning – why, what and how
- The problem of time compression and its potential as a differentiating force
- The content of the strategic plan and its linkages to functional planning
- Communication – the starting point of sustainable high performance
Module 5: Producing a business plan that gets implemented
- The planning process – the timing
- The planning process – inputs and outputs
- Creating an effective linkage between the strategic plan and operational plans
- Monitoring the implementation of the plan and ensuring its continuing development
- Summary and overview of the course
- Detailed appreciation of the factors influencing the development of the organization
- Understand how the major changes in economic and business structure that can be applied to organization
- Develop high-performing individuals and teams in order to secure effective implementation of the strategy of the organization
- Introduce new organizational forms and structures emerging in an increasingly global business environment
- Contribute substantially to the long-term development of the organization
This highly interactive course is suitable for those:
- who require high-level perspective on the content and impact of strategy and business planning
- who are responsible for evaluating the strategy and performance of the other organisations
- who require an in-depth understanding of leading-edge thinking and techniques of business planning
- who wants to know how to adjust and change the organization to take into account the change pattern
- who wants an introduction to the main tools and techniques of risk assessment and risk management
- who want to acquire the confidence to initiate and management change and set-up resources in a fully-aligned manner
• Product managers
• Business analysts
2-3 Participants – 5% Discount
4-5 Participants – 10% Discount
Contact our account managers for the discount coupons.
- Avyanta Techno Solutions, reserves the right to postpone/cancel an event, or change the location of an event because of insufficient enrollment, instructor illness or force-majeure events (like floods, earthquakes, political instability, etc.)
- In case Avyanta Techno Solutions cancels an event, 100% refund will be paid to the delegate.
- If a cancellation is done by a delegate 7 days or more, prior to the event, 15% of total paid fee will be deducted and the remaining amount will be refunded back to the delegate.
- If a cancellation is done by a delegate 7 days or less, prior to the event, no refunds will be made.
- Credit may be applied to any of class hosted by Avyanta Techno Solutions one year following date of issue
- If you missing a portion of a class, due to emergencies or unforeseen circumstances, will be able to attend the next class on the same topic for the days missed, without additional fee. You need not re-register; however, they must notify (by email or telephone), so the registration fee for the makeup class can be waived and class logistics provided.
- If you met the refund criteria, Avyanta Techno Solutions, processes the refund to your original payment method with 7-10 business days.
- For Payments done Cheque or DD, refunds will be processed to your bank account
(via National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT))